Yesterday Owen & I went on an all day shopping trip with Christine & Jake. The excursion started about 11:30 am for us as we headed to the dry cleaners. When we walked in the proprietors were so happy to see a baby and gave Owen so much attention. They were in such a good mood they gave me a discount card to use every time I go there! What was a simple errand really turned into a happy memory.
Next we went to Christine & Jake's house and then headed out on our adventure. We started by getting lunch. During lunch Owen got really fussy because he was hungry. Once I finished eating I attempted to nurse Owen discreetly at the table. He latched on right away (he was really hungry) and nursed for about 10 minutes. I think we did ok -- not too obvious and not too much exposure (at least, I hope).
After lunch, the four of us headed into the shopping mall. We walked around the entire mall - not quite exercise, but it was good to walk around. I bought some clothes for myself - jeans and a few tops - and a pair of jeans for Owen! I wanted to get him a winter hat for Owen, but couldn't find one. I also needed to get a breastfeeding-friendly dress to wear to Alycia's wedding. I couldn't find that either.
I tried to feed him in the mall while sitting at a bench. It didn't go very well for either of us. He couldn't latch on very well and I was not very comfortable or discreet. A short while later I decided to go into a dressing room and sit down for a few minutes. That went much better, but I think he wanted to nurse for much longer.
On our way home, we stopped at Babies R Us. I had a coupon for a free stroller (with purchase). It winds up, though, that the coupon was only valid at Toys R Us... I was disappointed.
Owen was awake almost the whole time we were out. He got very fussy for some time and wanted to be held. It was both overstimulation and an upset tummy. I was so overwhelmed by the experience... it is good to get out but I worry so much that Owen is sick or hurt. Fortunately, he is just fine.
Friday, March 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment