Wednesday, March 30, 2005

No good deed goes unpunished

Or so they say (or at least, that's what I say). So... the saga of the remote start installation continues. To sum it up, the remote start seems to work just fine - even the locks and the trunk release - but the alarm is all screwy. Whenever I lock or unlock the doors, start or turn off the car, the alarm goes off. Scott is going to drive my car tomorrow to see what's going on and hopefully he'll be able to fix it (I hate the idea of having to go back to Best Buy; those guys are real idiots). I feel so bad because Scott is frustrated by how complicated this process has become -- especially since it was his gift to me. I am ok with it (of course) and am sure it will all work out.

In other news, I had a physical today. The best news I have heard in some time is that I do not have diabetes anymore! Yeah! Having the gestational diabetes was tough... I hated giving up sweets and carbs. I am so grateful my hormones are back to normal (at least some of them) and my body's functioning as it should be.

Owen was such a good boy while we were at the doctor's office. He is such a charmer whenever we go out. He loves to smile and coo at strangers - and they are so sweet right back at him. Really, it's hard to resist him :)

After my docs appointment, Owen and I met my college friend Matthew for a late lunch. It was so beautiful outside we were able to eat outside. Owen was a good boy the whole time - mostly sleeping and enjoying the warm weather. Matthew gave us gifts -- me a polo shirt and Owen a bottle both with Marist logos on them!

No comments: