Our trip to NJ has been filled with Owen meeting lots of new friends and family. Yesterday we went to visit with Auntie Joan and Aunt Denise; today we'll have lunch with Marcel (infamously known as "Rude the Dude"). We'll spend more time with Aunt Denise later this week and then head down to visit with Babcia this weekend... weather permitting.
It was so nice to visit with Auntie Joan yesterday. We went over for lunch -- yummy chicken followed by ice cream cake - and stayed for a few hours chatting. She was so happy to see Owen and was so loving with him. He was so content the whole time; Auntie Joan had the magic touch.
After our visit with Auntie Joan, we met Aunt Denise and went shopping. Of course, I couldn't find something to wear to the wedding; I am such a bad shopper. I did, however, find a winter hat for Owen. We went to an Italian restaurant for dinner (the same restaurant but different location as where the baby shower was). It was a delicious dinner of salad, pizza and pasta.
Unfortunately, at the end of the meal Owen got fussy because he was hungry. I nursed him for a while in the restaurant but he was fussy when he was eating and didn't get full. I tried to nurse some more in the car, but it was too cold. We drove home with him crying most of the time :( Fortunately, though, when we got home he nursed well and fell fast a sleep. The rest of the night was the usual stuff - up every 2 hours to nurse.
Owen woke up early this morning - 6 am - and didn't want to go back to sleep. I, of course, was still exhausted. We laid in bed until 7 am and then got dressed. Now, at 8:30, he is back to sleep napping on my lap! I need to nap too!
Thursday, March 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment