Today was a beautiful spring day and we tried to enjoy it to the fullest.
We tried to feed Owen a bottle this morning and it didn't go so well. Scott tried for a long time to feed him the bottle, but Owen kicked up quite a fuss. After a long while, I succumbed and breastfed him. It is so hard to try to teach him to use the bottle. When he gets really fussy, it is so much easier to just go with what works.
After filling Owen up, I scampered off for a bit to get my hair cut. I was in desperate need of a haircut. Since I really don't often get a chance to style my hair I really needed a wash and go cut... so I chopped it really short!
Since the morning bottle attempts didn't go well (I was able to feed him most of the bottle, but only after I breastfed him for a bit), we decided to try to feed him a bottle of freshly pumped milk (thinking maybe he didn't like the milk that was warmed). So, we tried again with the bottle in the afternoon and it went much better. I pumped 3 oz and Scott promptly offered it to him. He didn't resist the bottle much at all this time and drank nearly all of it.
Now that we know he'll drink from the bottle, we need to figure out how to get it to work each time we offer it. I am not sure if we are warming the milk the right way... or if he is just picky.
After our successful bottle feeding, we all went on a walk around Lake Braddock - including Rocco. It was so nice out and good to get a bit of exercise. It is amazing how out of shape I feel... even with all the demands of motherhood! I may go try an "exercise class" called Stroller Strides tomorrow. It is an outdoor program where they incorporate exercise into pushing the stroller around. We'll see how it goes!
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I find that I tend to resist bottles alot less when they are filled with various kinds of Jack Daniels or expensive Vodka.
Hmm, I do believe that to be a really horrible statement in connection to child rearing. Ah well, guess that's why dogs growl in my prescence and rats scurry where ever I go. Might as well get an early start and prepare my soul for an eternity of fire and poking!
More importantly, perhaps I should follow your example with my hair and just cut it off. I've been wondering what do with it for so long, it's grown out to make me look about as stylish as an extra on the first season of 90210. Horrible. Then again, I have seen these puffy-haired, just stepped off the set of "Just One of the Guys" looking teen age freaks wandering around Abercrombie and Fitch. Perhaps I'll jump their bandwagon. I'll put my collar up, throw on a pair of aviators and go from dated dud to retro stud! Well alright!
Let me know how the exercise class goes. If it is good, then maybe I will start going too.
Post a Comment