Monday, April 11, 2005

He's back...

Mr. Crankypants, that is. He visited for some time a few weeks ago, but we thought he left. Apparently we were wrong.

For the past few days, Owen has been a real stinker. At first I blamed on day light savings and then on the warm weather. Now I really don't have an excuse... I mean reason.

He constantly wants to be held. There is no reason for him to be sad or upset... he is fed, changed and lavished with attention. That is not enough. He wants to be in Mom or Dad's arms. It really gets to be exhausting and just hard to manage sometimes. I wish I knew what to do to satisfy him without having to carry him around.

I really don't believe in the cry it out method. However, today I was at my wit's end (really my arms were just so tired and I wanted to eat) so I put him in his swing for 5 minutes regardless of his crying. It was so awful for me. He wailed the whole time - but there was no reason for it. After I scarfed down my lunch I immediately picked him up and he was fine.

I did that again when I was getting dressed. I put him down in his crib and let him scream for another 5 minutes ... and he did. I get so sad and I don't want him to be sad or hurt. I really just don't know what to do. I don't want to "spoil him" and am not sure you can really spoil a baby... but sometimes it really does seem like he is taking advantage of me.

This parenthood thing is really tough. It's a good thing he is so darned cute and I love him so much...

No comments: