Can you believe it... Owen is now 3 months old! In some ways it seems he's been around for a while (especially on the cranky days) and in other ways it seems like he's just gotten here. Either way, I am so happy to have him in our family and to see him grow healthy and strong.
Owen slept well last night. He only woke up twice, which meant he slept for about 4 hours each time. He hasn't done that in a while and I was happy to get the longer blocks of sleep.
Owen woke up earlier than I did again this morning... and, again, I just let him kick around for a while so I could half-sleep for a bit. Since our morning routine worked well yesterday, I tried it again today and it yielded success.
We headed out around 10:30 am to get a bagel and run some errands before yoga. I was so excited to go to yoga! So, we headed out with no snags... had breakfast, stopped at the post office, gas station, dry cleaners and went to the studio with some extra time. I figured I would nurse him before class so he would either be happy and active or sleep. We eagerly went into the studio and it was very quiet. I assumed they didn't have many day classes mid week... but the reason it was so quiet was that the studio was closed! Apparently the new session doesn't start until next week so there was no yoga today :(
Since yoga was cancelled, Owen and I headed to the nursery to check out some of the plants for our backyard. I leisurely walked around since it was so nice out and Owen was being such a good boy. I finalized our plan for the backyard... I can't wait for them to start with the installation.
I also looked at some plants for the front yard -- just some annuals -- but couldn't figure out how I would push the plant cart and Owen so I skipped that. I did, however, buy some seeds for our herb and vegetable gardens.
Owen was still very happy. In fact, I tried to nurse him in the car and he just wanted to talk and play. I *really* wanted him to nurse but as I update the adage... you can lead a boy to the breast but you can't make him drink. (Bring it on Rude.) Since he was still happy and the day was so nice for driving, we headed over to Home Depot to do some more errands.
We finally made it home and I pumped all the milk Owen opted not to eat during the day. We later tried to feed him by bottle and all the good spirits he had throughout the day went out the window. Yes, our good natured little boy turned into a screaming maniac. He wanted no part of the bottle and after more than 30 minutes of trying to feed him with the bottle - with little progress - he nursed the old fashioned way. Unfortunately, the escapade left him on edge for the remainder of the night and we didn't get to take a nice family picture for his birthday. We'll do one tomorrow since that is Thursday anyway.
I am really starting to worry about this bottle thing. Owen is going to have to stay with Raj for 2 days next week. He's going to have to have the bottle those days... and I don't want him to be tortured the entire day. I am going to see if I can find a LLL person to call or a meeting this week to get some help. I don't feel comfortable with the folks who keep telling me that when it is his only option he will finally do it... I don't want to make him feel so helpless. Any tips on how to get him to take the bottle are very much welcomed.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Boys lead to breasts?! A different kind of sucking action?! I thought this was a family website! And all this time I've been trying to keep it clean and non-offensive. Well, in keeping with the new raunchy spirit of the blog, I have no problem telling you all I typed this reply with my mule. And by mule, I mean cock. Enjoy!
Post a Comment