Monday, July 18, 2005

News for print

Yes, I have been really lax lately when it comes to posting news on the blog... but the time has come for another update. This update is motivated by a tremendous sense of accomplishment I feel that Owen has successfully been sleeping in his crib - by himself - for 3 nights now! Yeah! For the past 6 months, Owen has been my snugglebug - sleeping close to me -- and, thereby, kicking Scott out. While it was good for us for that time, it has recently been stressful since Owen rolls and inches a lot. I became concerned for his safety and so this weekend we started him in his crib.

The first night was very stressful for me. I nursed him to sleep and then placed him in the crib. He woke up immediately and cried for about 15 minutes - after which he fell soundly asleep. I hated doing it and if he cried for one second longer than 15 minutes I would have swooped him up. But, it seems like he likes the crib. Today, I nursed him to sleep and then when I put him in the crib, he fell right to sleep. He's a pro now. (Well, let's not get too excited... these phases often come and go.)

Unfortunately, Owen only likes sleeping on his tummy - like many babies. We are going to try to follow a protocol developed by some researchers in New Zealand to help prevent SIDS. They believe SIDS is caused by a fungus in mattresses that is due to (in part) the fire retardancy chemicals. It is an interesting theory and I figure it won't hurt - it might help - so let's try it. Here's a link to more information (if you care): www.johnleemd.com/store/art_sids.html

Other news: Owen had his 6 month check-up. All went well. He weighs in at 19 lbs and measures 27 inches long. His growth slowed from 90th percentile to 75th... whew!

And... we welcome to the world Michael and Jacque Cushard's new little boy. We can't wait to meet him!

4 comments:

Lowell Weeks said...

Yo, Owen be getting his nap on in his own crib already? That is wack son. How a baby only 6 month old have his own crib already? Shit motherfucker, it took me till I was 25 years old to chill in my own crib. And I tell you, I love me that crib too son. That place was the bizzity bizomb! Owen, you know what the fuck I'm talking 'bout right? Ain't nothin better than you own crib son. And man, don't be worrying about no fungus or fire retards or any that ol bullshit up in yo crib. You let that shit chill but you got any bitches comin up, you get yoself sommma that 409 shit and you take care a that shit. It be ok to have fungus in yo crib when you got yo crew there but shorties aint be havin any a that shit son. And yo fuck all them retards that be settin you house on fire and shit. You round them up in that yellow school bus or yo Escalade if you have too and drive them back to they homie Sid in New Zealand or whatever the fuck. You don't need that ol bullshit up in there. Peace out, have fun in the crib.

Lowell Weeks said...

Ok well, that was probably the most offense post yet. Hope you guys found it funny, I'm just fucking around and don't mean anything by it.
Well thats it. See you all at the hate rally. I'll tell the Grand Cyclops you all said "Hi".

Lowell Weeks said...

Yo Owen, shit fool, I just be readin that post again. You be rollin in yo crib too? Damn yo, give me a shout, I got the mad weed hookup son. I be rollin that shit tizzity tizight, a-ite! Much love. Latah

Lowell Weeks said...

Ok, time to prepare for an eternity of fire and poking